Pages

Wednesday 7 January 2015

Pokemon XY: Where did that come from?!

Before I can announce the results of my Wonder Trade Christmas, let me tell you a tale about the day before Christmas.

A few days before Christmas, after getting a Magic Bounce Natu from the GTS, I used my 6IV Sigilyph to breed out IVs that of a Xatu (because you know, it's fast, and it's a poor man's Sigilyph). I couldn't hatch up a 5IV one, lacking Attack, or a 6IV, with the hidden ability.

But on the morning of Christmas Eve, THIS suddenly hatched:
"I was not expecting this."
I wasn't using the Masuda Method, no kidding! It just came out from nowhere. I thought it would have Magic Bounce, but it has Early Bird, worse, when I checked its IVs it got a near-perfect Sp. Atk stat. So much for a shiny.
"Why can't this thing have the IVs I wanted!"
I have a somewhat lacking history of shiny Pokemon I found in XY. The first shiny I ran into was a random Volbeat when Wizzy walked out of the Chateau. The second one was a Shiny Kirlia, male, hasty, IVs in Defense and Sp. Def, now a Shiny Gallade named Sorceron. And another Shiny Kirlia, also male, hasty except IVs in Attack and Speed, also a Shiny Gallade, Sorceris. Why were I lucky enough to run into these two, oh, and not to mention I maxed the affection (I spent most of my time visiting the Chateau and Poke Amie before I started competitive battling).

The fourth one is a bold Jigglypuff, with IVs in HP and Attack, not sure if I should evolve it or not. If I remembered correctly, I ran into another Jigglypuff, jolly, and IVs in Attack and Defense (Choice Scarf Wigglytuff anyone?), and a disappointing Floette, because that time I was using a Synchronizer to find a male Telepathy Kirlia, and ended up running into these two.

I didn't find any shiny Pokemon on X, but at some point I was doing the Masuda Method for a Shiny Spiritomb. But since I had a Ghost-type safari, I'm thinking about finding a shiny Phantump (me want!). Hey, want an Infiltrator Spiritomb with IVs in Attack, Defense and Sp. Def?
"Staring into a Natu's face is rather odd."
Right now, this thing has evolved into a Xatu. I'm not sure what to name it though.

Oh, and here's a family photo of it, the 6IV Magic Bounce Natu I finally hatched, and their father:
"A family resemblance." (?)
And even strange, that was my Christmas present before Christmas. And I'm putting my bets that this Shiny Natu is a Christmas wish which I could not expect to be come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment