Pages

Saturday 12 September 2015

Tai Thong mooncake 2015

Here am I, desperately trying to post out things that has got to do with what I like. Now before I had to live on another few weeks of no Internet, let me post out mooncakes from Tai Thong.

And in tis' season of mid-autumn, things are going to get fruity.

I know, it's the same box as last year's except it's red.
There's a snow skin mooncake, but it never made it into the box.
Snow Skin Mango Kiwi with Assorted Dried Fruits (冰皮奇异果香芒)
I never tried kiwi, even though my parents were enjoying the goodness of kiwi, until I had this mooncake. It's everything kiwi about this mooncake: kiwi snow skin (and kiwi seeds!), kiwi paste and dried kiwis, plus mango paste at the center. One bite into it and, kiwi is so sweet! But for some reason the paste can get sticky.

This mooncakes meant three things for me:

  • It's my first time eating kiwi.
  • It taught me how astonishingly delicious kiwi is,
  • It taught me why I must eat kiwi.

There were difficulties cutting this mooncake...
Blueberry Lotus with Dried Fruits and Assorted Seeds (蓝莓果干莲蓉)
Ah, this was originally intended to be my pick of the mooncakes. Hearing blueberry doesn't make me blue, get it? Blueberry paste with dried berries and pumpkin and melon seeds. Yes, tastes excellent, just the right amount of sweetness but the studded parts fall out while cutting.
See? Crumbling. But it's great, by the way.
Red Bean Custard (豆沙奶皇月)
This is part of a Buy 4 Free 1 promotion. It should be put on the menu. Anyhow, I always liked the red bean paste (family favourite), plus from my experience from trying the Jade Custard (the one with pandan and custard), I can tell it is an excellent combination about red bean and custard, and it is.
Did the paste looks as it is crumbling?
Now to the family favourites. I know not many would write these but I'd like to post'em.
Red Bean Paste (纯豆沙)
I know, tastes the same as every red bean paste mooncake I tried, not too sweet.
I think I roughened the edges while cutting...
And now here's my flash shot photos. Well, just for the effect that it looked fresh from the oven. (No ovens are used during the shooting process)
Lotus Paste (纯莲蓉)
Exquisite from looking at the picture on the mooncake, right? And so does the lotus paste and its taste. Smooth, not too sweet but just right. Enjoy the gallery!
Smooth, ain't it?
Clustering around.
Is that a formation? I believe it is.
Okay, really, the Red Bean Paste has reached over the RM12 limit. Anyone getting what I said?

Original price for the mooncakes I bought (altogether) (exculding the Red Bean Custard, because Buy 4 Free 1): RM63.20
Discount: 15%
Pay: RM53.72

Two weeks before mid-autumn, so get those mooncakes before they sold out!

No comments:

Post a Comment