Pages

Friday 16 March 2012

Does my new monitor make my games look fat?

Recently, my family recently bought a new monitor, which is HD! Yeah, the Luxor screenshots where taken in Widescreen, but I'm worried that my games will look fat.

The 2010s game might survive on HD monitors, and so do some late 2000s games. One of games like these are Bejeweled Twist, which I bought it two years ago (original release date: 2008).
Once and for all, DON'T USE MY NAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 The game is different from other Bejeweled games: you need to control a ring which twist (rotate) 2*2 gems, but you need to make a line featuring a match of 3. There are also special gems where they are formed from matches more than 4 gems. Watch out for hazard gems, they might give you some difficulty!
By turning on the 3D acceleration, you will get lot of visuals and better graphics.
Bejeweled Twist fits in Widescreen and High-Definition monitors, optimised for the best gaming experience with visuals and special effects
One tip is that when you max the chain meter (the upper part of the ship at the left), you will get a Fruit Gem. These gems will activate a huge bonus, and when you complete it, you will get a Fruit Dance!
Ta-da!
Need a challenge? The challenge mode is available when you reach level 10 of Classic. The challenge selection looked like a Solar System to me, I mean, the Solar System originally have 13 planets, but 5 planets are considered as dwarf planets.
The Solar System
In Challenge mode, there are 13 stages. Unlock a stage by complete the first challenge of a previous stage (for example, if you completed the first challenge of Detonator, you will unlock Spectrum). If you complete the seven levels on a stage, the planet will become Eclipse. There are 13 stages and each has seven levels, if I estimated right, there will be 91 levels to complete.

I might be posting some screenshots of the game. So stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. The games don’t look fat to me. In fact, the images look crisp and vibrant. What resolution are you using by the way?

    Lance Vartanian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1600 by 900 pixels. What am I trying to meant is that, some of my games like Luxor 3, Bejeweled 2 and Heavy Weapon run on a 4:3 ratio (640 by 480 pixels, 800 by 600 pixels, 1024 by 768 pixels or 1600 by 1200 pixels). If these games played full-screen on my 16:9 ratio, they will look stretched, and sometimes I bother to play these games in windowed mode. Some games like Bejeweled Twist and Bejeweled 3 perfectly fit on a 16:9 ratio because they can perfectly fit any resolution (the screenshots on the post appear in an 8:5 ratio, which is 1440 by 900 pixels). My old monitor runs on a 1024 by 768 pixels resolution and I prefer to play these games full-screen. There will be an obvious difference when running 4:3 ratio games on certain screen resolutions.

      Hope you understand my explanation. In the meantime, do you want to know about my Hatyai to Krabi trip during the school holidays?

      Delete