Pages

Sunday 16 September 2012

Tai Thong mooncake 2012

こんにちは (Konichiwa), people!

Well, I'm not in Japan, but I got some Japanese mooncakes to show you. Actually, those mooncakes are made in Malaysia. So let take a look at the mooncakes by Tai Thong, shall we?

A mooncake box cover.
The mooncakes by Tai Thong for this year will be Japanese-themed. The origami cranes on the mooncake boxes might represent peace, remember what happened to the Hiroshima atomic bombing on August 6, 1945? Many children suffered leukemia because of that bombing. If you want me to tell you another time visit the Hiroshima Peace Monument Park in Japan.

Wait what are we talking about? Oh, the mooncakes!

Black Sesame Snow Skin Japanese Gourmet Coffee with Ground Almond (黑芝麻日本咖啡杏仁)
The Black Sesame Snow Skin Japanese Gourmet Coffee with Ground Almond (黑芝麻日本咖啡杏仁)is a snow-skin mooncake has black sesame skin with coffee and ground almond paste. It tasted fine to me, I guess.
Oops, the photo is too dark...
Low Sugar Fuji Apple and Violet Lotus with Pumpkin Seeds (低糖富士苹果紫罗兰)
The Low Sugar Fuji Apple and Violet Lotus with Pumpkin Seeds (低糖富士苹果紫罗兰)has a violet-scent lotus paste and Fuji apple (富士リンゴ) paste with pumpkin seeds inside. I think this mooncake is nicely scented, uhh, I forgot what am I supposed to say.
Low Sugar Wasabi Lotus with Wakame Seaweed (低糖日式山葵海苔)
The Low Sugar Wasabi Lotus with Wakame Seaweed (低糖日式山葵海苔)has some sort of wasabi (わさび) lotus paste and wakame (ワカメ) paste. The wasabi is not spicy, suits me, but the wakame is weird to me.
Snow Skin Lotus (冰皮莲蓉)
Actually it is not a new flavour, but this flavour returns due to popular demand. Tasted good for this snow-skin variant of the classic, but my grandmother found it too sweet.
Mooncakes are getting more expensive. I really need to make up my pay.

Original price for the mooncakes I bought (altogether): RM62
Discount: 25%
Pay: RM46.50

The mooncakes tasted fine, except for the Wakame and Wasabi, which is weird to me. I think Japanese readers on my blog will be jealous. Oh well, さようなら (sayonara)!

My rating: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment