Pages

Friday 24 February 2012

Wrigley's 5 Cobalt-A Cooling Peppermint

After having lunch at a restaurant near the wet market someday, I went to a mini-store to buy chewing gum. Then I saw a Wrigley's chewing gum which has a pack of 12 (or 15, well, I'm not sure,) sticks of chewing gum branded "5'' and the flavour is "Cobalt". I got a little confused about the flavour, but I saw it's says "A Cooling Peppermint", and it's peppermint flavour and I bought it.

Wrigley's 5 is a brand of Wrigley's products and it's sugar-free. According to the 5 gum article on Wikipedia, Wrigley's 5 uses the slogan 'stimulate your senses'. Stimulate your senses? Well, I'm not sure what does that mean.

 Packaging of the gum before being unwrapped by the plastic cover. Sorry that I took it in the dark.


"Cobalt"flavour uses the colour Cobalt Blue (because it has the word "Cobalt" in it. get it?) and it's a cooling peppermint. Cobalt, a cooling peppermint.

Back cover of the packaging before being unwrapped. Sorry, I accidentally move the phone while I'm taking this picture.
Side cover of the packaging after unwrapped.
When I finished unwrapping the packaging, I may see four black "5"s and a blue "5" at the center on the side cover of the packaging. When I open the packaging, it have chewing gum wrapped with blue packaging.

Inside a package of Cobalt gum.
I took a piece of gum, and here it's what the packaging look like:

It's Cobalt Blue! (P.S, it's not Cobalt Blue, maybe it's another shade of blue or something...)
When I open the packaging, the gum is blue in colour! I eat the gum, and, ah... a cooling peppermint...

Maybe the slogan matches after all, I mean, it does not stimulates senses, but it stimulates your tongue and teeth (or the entire mouth!). It's so cooling that I even chew it for an hour and half!

Availability: Malaysia, Thailand, China, Hong Kong, India, Israel, United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Italy, France, Greece, Romania (more European countries to come), Cyprus, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Russia (known as Frost at there)(I checked the 5 gum article on Wikipedia!)
My rating: 4.5 stars
Wrigley's Confectionery official website: /http://www.wrigley.com/global/index.aspx
Wrigley's 5 gum website: www.5gum.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment